City of Bayou Vista Ordinances The Code of Ordinances for the City of Bayou Vista is available to the citizens of Bayou Vista. An ordinance is a local law that usually regulates persons or property and usually relates to a matter of a general and permanent nature. The passage, revision or repeal of an Ordinance must be approved by City Council in a meeting that has been duly called with notice of the meeting posted in a manner prescribed by law.
THE FOLLOWING ORDINANCE GOES INTO EFFECT
AUGUST 1, 2018
ARTICLE 07.10.00 WATERCRAFT LIFT, FLOATING DOCK, OR OTHER WATERCRAFT EQUIPMENT
SECTION 07.10.01 WATERCRAFT LIFT, FLOATING DOCK OR OTHER WATERCRAFT EQUIPMENT IN SIDE SET BACK MORE THAN FIFTEEN MINUTES IS A NUISANCE
Except while launching and recovering a Personal Watercraft for a period not to exceed fifteen (15) minutes, all or part of a Watercraft lift, Floating Dock or other Watercraft Equipment that extends into any side set back is hereby declared to be a nuisance and is hereafter prohibited.
SECTION 07.10.02 PENALTY
Any person violating this Article shall be guilty of a misdemeanor which shall be punishable by a fine not to exceed the maximum allowed by law for each offense and each and every day that this Article is violated shall constitute a separate offense.
1. General Provisions ==>CHAPTER 1 – GENERAL PROVISIONS
2. Animal Control ==>CHAPTER 2 – ANIMAL CONTROL
3. Building and Construction ==>CHAPTER 3 – BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION
4. Business and Commerce==>CHAPTER 4 – BUSINESS AND COMMERCE
5. Fire Protection==>CHAPTER 5 – FIRE PROTECTION
6. Health and Sanitation==>CHAPTER 6 – HEALTH AND SANITATION
7. Offenses and Nuisances ==>CHAPTER 7 – OFFENSES AND NUISANCES
8. Personnel and Administration ==>CHAPTER 8 – PERSONNEL-AND-ADMINISTRATION
9. Subdivisions – (Reserved for future use)
10. Traffic Control ==>CHAPTER 10 – TRAFFIC CONTROL
11. Utilities and Solid Waste ==> CHAPTER 11 – UTILITIES AND SOLID WASTE
12. Planning and Zoning ( Reserved for future use)